Ella Macintyre of Epic Films
In her role as PMD at Epic Film, Ella oversees the online marketing of Wastelander Panda, an online series about the last remaining Panda in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. She was instrumental in the release strategy of the Wastleander Panda Prologue, which saw it receive 100,000 views within 72 hours online.
It has now done more than 185,000 views which is impressive. These numbers helped the team triple the size of Epic Films’ Facebook fan base and also start a highly successful crowdfunding campaign, which raised more than $25,000 and attracted the highest number of supporters for a film project on Australian crowdfunding website Pozible.com.
Since then, Wastelander Panda has continued its successful journey, with the release of three web episodes and an interactive website in May 2013. They have now entered into a co-production deal with Madman, and together are writing six new episodes, with development financing from the ABC and South Australian Film Corporation.
In this episode you’ll learn how to create and distribute a viral video with 100,000 views to get more exposure for your project. We discuss how to:
- Identify your target audience and create a release strategy centred around the way they use the internet;
- Set up your Vimeo or YouTube page for maximum impact, from page branding through to searchable keywords and video thumbnails;
- Analyse statistics from your launch in order to focus your energy on the areas that are working, and re‐strategise those that aren’t;
- Get your video featured on major blogs and websites;
- Release your video on Facebook and Twitter and utilise your existing fan base to spread your content across the globe;
- Engage with your fans via social media and keep them wanting more;
- Launch your video at specific times of day in order to reach your online audience in ‘prime time;
- Utilise your film’s success to build your Facebook and Twitter followers and mailing list subscribers;
- And much, much more…
Links From The Episode
ella at epicfilms dot com dot au
You can get 21 printed lead generating Process Maps for free, here.
And if you’re serious about marketing and selling more, the logical next step is to contact me to help you do it yourself, have me do it with you, or have it all done for you.
This may be the momentum you need to get great marketing and sales results.
Or do you simply want more like this?
Join below to be notified immediately about new content and more. No annoying daily emails and no spam – just good content when it’s posted.